Friends of the Cultural Arts Center (FCAC)
The Friends of the Cultural Arts Center is a nonprofit volunteer support organization for the Columbus Recreation and Parks Department’s Cultural Arts Center. FCAC supports the CAC through volunteerism, fundraising and promotion of our many programs, special events and more.
– – –
Did you know that the Cultural Arts Center has a support group?
The Friends of the CAC, a 15 member not-for-profit organization, helps to :
- Support the programming and activities of the CAC
- Support and promote instructor professional development
- Provide student scholarships
- Manage the gift shop – CREATED
- Manage wedding rentals
- Recruit and work with volunteers
The Friends of the Cultural Arts Center, is seeking candidates to be active members of the board. If you are interested in serving on the board and learning more about how the Friends works with the CAC administration to make the Center a special place, please contact Franco Ruffini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (614) 747-3013.
We seek individuals who want the Cultural Arts Center to be the best it can be and who have the passion and commitment to help make that happen. At this time we are especially seeking individuals who have expertise in finance, social media/information technology, or law.
Questions? Email the public email contact for the FCAC board at Friends.email@example.com
About the FCAC
Among other things, the Friends of the Cultural Arts Center:
- Acts as a fiscal agent
- Coordinates art fundraiser events
- Purchases supplies and equipment for CAC
- Offers class scholarships
- Provides professional development grants for staff
History of the Friends
The CAC support group first began in 1988 with a different name. The Arsenal Group was so named because of the history of our elegant old building as an arsenal built in the 1860s. Acting as a fiduciary agent to the Cultural Arts Center’s programs and activities, the support group applied for and obtained government 501(c)3 status as a nonprofit organization. Since then, it has seen several slates of officers and many levels of activity and support.
The staff and faculty of the CAC look forward to many more years of partnership with and support from the Friends group.
- President: Franco Ruffini
- Vice-President: Kristi Kloss
- Secretary: Robert Mazurek
- Treasurer: Gayle Van Marter
- Sandra Aska (recent past President)
- Stephanie Bart-Horvath
- Rick Borgia
- Kathy Howard
- Kristi Kloss
- Holly Leber
- Deborah Lisheid
- Tanya Pirasteh
Ad Hoc Members
- CAC Arts Administrator: Geoffrey Martin
- CAC Assistant Arts Administrator: Todd Camp