COLUMBUS, OHIO ART CLASSES
With a long line-up of painting, jewelry, sculpture, drawing, printmaking and pottery classes – and beyond – the Cultural Arts Center offers a vast array of options to beginning and experienced artists. Classes are available in sessions of 7-8 weeks.
Class and workshop registration is handled through the Columbus Recreation and Parks Department’s registration site. If you do not have an account, you will need to sign up for one before registering for any classes or workshops.
Our New Class Offerings
The Cultural Arts Center’s in-depth, hands-on art classes are available to any interested adult (18 years and older), and presented to a variety of skill levels. No matter your medium of interest, you will always find the offering you are looking for. Our newest additions include:
Full Class Listing
Other Mediums Taught in Our Classes
On top of the new additions, we have a robust list of recurring classes. Our available classes include:
- Book Arts
- Bronze Casting
- Encaustic Mixed Media
- Fundamental School of Drawing & Painting
- Screen Printing
2021 Schedule of Classes
Class Session 1
January 4th – February 27th
Class Session 2
March 1st – April 24th
Class Session 3
April 26th – June 19th
Class Session 4
July 12th – September 4th
Class Session 5
September 6th – October 30th
Class Session 6
November 1st – December 18th
Selling & Displaying Your Work
Students in our classes have the opportunity to submit their work to Created, the Art Shop at the Cultural Arts Center, to be considered for sale. They can also apply to have their work exhibited in our Loft Gallery. Check out both to see where your art might be seen if you take our classes!
Class Fee Assistance
One of our goals is to make art accessible to everyone in the city of Columbus. As such, the Friends of the CAC have established a fund for class fee assistance. It’s available for any prospective, current or former CAC student who needs help paying for Cultural Arts Center classes. Instructions and limitations are spelled out on the application, which is available at our front desk in addition to the link below.Download The Application
The Columbus Recreation & Parks Department’s Cultural Arts Center believes that everyone in our community should have the opportunity to pursue their creative interests. Thanks to the new Crane Group Scholarship, veterans and graduating high school students can pursue their artistic goals! Download an application below. Artists who participate in the program may be eligible to have their work displayed at the Cultural Arts Center during a future exhibition. A limited number of scholarships are available; for eligibility and guidelines, please review the appropriate application.Application for Veterans
Application for High Schoolers
Rain Check & Refund Policy
We strive for positive experiences for all of our customers, and offer an avenue for reimbursement for classes if necessary. All rain check and refund requests must include customer name, contact information, class title, and class day and time. You may submit a request prior to your second class at the front desk or email this information to email@example.com.
- Rain checks are credits to your account that you may use the next time you register for a class. They never expire. To redeem, please register at the front desk.
- You are responsible for any additional cost, should the replacement class be more expensive.
- Refunds are issued if you do not plan on taking a class again. Payment is refunded by check from the City of Columbus regardless of your payment method. It takes 4-6 weeks to receive your refund.
- You will receive a 100% refund by City of Columbus check if CAC cancels your class.
- All rain check/refund/transfer requests for studio classes must be received prior to your second class. No rain checks or refunds are given after the second class.
- Cancellations for workshops must be received 48 hours prior to the start time.
Interested in learning more about our classes? Contact the Cultural Arts Center today!