We’re still closed : (
However, we have some fun things in the works… so, we wanted to share a note to catch you up on a few of our plans…
- We’re very excited to bring you our first ever virtual exhibit (coming soon!). This show will celebrate the Faculty of the CAC. Look to see works by our amazing teaching artists featured on our Gallery page.
- Did you know: we’re planning to build a new studio in the CAC? Wondering where this mystery studio might be? Keep watching…
- One thing we’ve really missed over the past months is our long running artist talk series, Conversations and Coffee. Even though we can’t meet up like we used to, we’re planning some online conversations for you to take part in. Keep watching to find out how you can become part of the conversation.
- NEW PROGRAM ALERT: the CAC is developing a new Artist Residency program! Over the past 2 months, our friends Cole Garlando and Amery Kessler have been helping us develop this and we can’t wait to share this brand new CAC program with you all!
and we are still…
- …hosting live demonstrations every Tuesday at noon (Watch for those on Facebook – and see all of our recent demos, from the likes of Todd Camp, Mary Jane Ward, Rachel Wallis, Voszi Douglas and more!)
- … Issuing fun, weekly art challenges on Instagram. Tag us using #CACCreates with your home creations and your artwork could be selected to be featured on our social media pages. Follow us to find out more: @caccolumbus on Instagram / “Columbus Cultural Arts Center” on Facebook
Finally, we wanted to let you know about a program our support organization, the Friends of the CAC, have been working on… From the beginning of this shutdown, we’ve been concerned about one group of very important folks… our teaching staff. They have been without their classes, and therefore their teaching income, for 4 months now. So, wanting to support them, the Friends of the Cultural Arts Center have created an Instructor Relief Program. You can easily donate ANY amount right here at this donate link. All funds raised will go directly towards the plan to support or teachers.
More than anything we wish you continued health and safety. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Cultural Arts Center
Columbus Recreation and Parks